ICI Industries Pty Ltd, through our brands Irribiz, AIS Greenworks, Custom Built Stainless, Blue Bucket, and Lining Solutions is seeking an IT Technical Support Officer Level 2 based at our head office in Griffith.
We are a vibrant and rapidly growing corporate structured family business with strong values. We are committed to high standards and occupy an important space in the market supplying products and services to the agricultural, horticultural, hydroponic and irrigation industries. Our team of dedicated staff work across a range of disciplines including design, installation, project management, research and development and service. We are a single destination solutions provider for our valued clients.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Technical Support Officer is responsible for:
- Providing excellent level 2 IT support across the company (in person or remotely)
- Managing work queues through the helpdesk, remotely and on site
- Monitoring daily processes and procedures such as backup monitoring and event log monitoring
- Setting up new user accounts, and clearing old accounts
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software systems, networks, printers and other devices
- Implementing, supporting & maintaining IAAS & SAAS Platforms.
- Working with 3rd party suppliers to resolve issues
- Systems reporting and assisting with IT projects and tasks
- Ad-hoc after hours work and inter-site travel as required
- All related administration tasks
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or similar
- 3+ years’ experience in the IT industry
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Technologies, including Windows Server (2008 and higher), Active Directory, Group Policies, Exchange Server, Microsoft Office 365 and Azure.
- Experience with Intune or Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
- Sound working knowledge of networking technologies including VPN, Routing, Firewalls, VLAN, TCP/IP (4 and 6), DNS and DHCPAn ability to work to deadlines
- Previous experience maintaining and troubleshooting cloud services; Azure and O365.
- Solid understanding of core Networking principles including Azure Virtual Networks (Vnet)
- Experiencing with Remote Management Tools, patch management and script deployment
- Keen attention to detail and problem-solving ability
To be a good fit for our team you need to show us that you:
- Are resourceful and able to take initiative in a dynamic environment
- Are eligible to work in Australia and have excellent spoken English
- Have a car and drivers license
- Are motivated and enthusiastic
- Are a team player with a high level of integrity
- Competitive remuneration package
- Dynamic and supportive team environment
- Work for a thriving, locally owned business
- Training and development for the successful applicant
If you possess these qualities and are ready for the next step, we’d love to chat.
Applications close Friday 14th May 2021.