Irribiz, a division of ICI Industries Pty Ltd, is seeking an Apprentice Fitter and Turner based in our Robinvale branch.
We are part of a vibrant and rapidly growing corporate structured family business with strong values. We are committed to high standards and occupy an important space in the market supplying products and services to the agricultural, horticultural, hydroponic and irrigation industries. Our team of dedicated staff work across a range of disciplines including design, installation, project management, research and development and service. We are a single destination solutions provider for our valued clients.
This full time position is part of the Service & Installation team, which includes domestic, council & farming irrigation installations, commissioning, fault finding and maintenance.
As an Apprentice Fitter and Turner, you will gain knowledge and work towards the following:
- Examine detailed drawings or specifications to find out job, material and equipment requirements
- Set up and adjust metalworking machines and equipment
- Operate machines to produce parts or tools by turning, boring, milling, planning, shaping, slotting, grinding or drilling metal stock or components
- Fit and assemble metal parts, tools or sub-assemblies, including welding or brazing parts
- Cut, thread, bend and install hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines
- Dismantle faulty equipment and assemblies and repair or replace defective parts
- Set up and/or operate hand and machine tools, welding equipment or computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines
- Check accuracy and quality of finished parts, tools or sub-assemblies.
- Enjoy technical work
- Physically fit
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work independently
- Practical ability
- Attention to detail
- Competitive remuneration package
- Dynamic and supportive team environment
- Engagement within a thriving regional business capable of doing major turnkey projects
For further information on this position please contact the Human Resources Manager at ICI Industries for a confidential discussion on 0269 647 299. If you see yourself in this role with our dynamic and growing business, please apply by sending your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 21st February 2020.